Department № 4 "Friction, lubrication and operating proof of materials"
Laboratory 4.1 “Triboanalysis”
Laboratory 4.2 “Environmental, irradiation and wear resistance of materials”
Laboratory 4.3 “Tribophysics of lubricants”
Staff - 20, including Academician - 1, D.Sc. – 2, Ph.D. - 5.
- Friction, wear and lubrication, mechanics of discrete friction contact;
- Contact adhesion and intermolecular interaction of tribosurfaces;
- Morphology of friction surfaces and wear particles in triboanalysis problems;
- Ageing of polymer materials under ionizing radiation;
- Cavitation, erosion and hydroabrasive wear of materials in moving streams of liquids (oil, water, corrosive liquids);
- Tribophysics of liquid crystals and lubricating materials on their base.
- Tribotesting methods, certification of metal-polymer friction pairs, lubricants and coolants;
- Methods for on-line diagnostics of lubricated friction joints, condition monitoring of lubricants, morphological analysis of wear debris and friction surface;
- Condition monitoring of interfacial and friction surfaces (optical, electronic and atomic-force microscopy);
- Stability prediction of physical-mechanical properties of polymer composite under environmental effects.
- Tribotesting of polymer composites (Standards ISO/DIS 7148-2);
- Friction and wear investigations of materials and coatings (ball-on-plate, conformal block on ring, cylinder-plate and pin-on-disk tests);
- Surface investigations by optical, electron and atomic-force microscopy;
- Testing of lubricants, coolants and additives, estimation of antiscoring properties;
- Environmental, physical-mechanical and electrical properties of polymer materials, paint and lacquer coatings;
- Prediction of properties of polymer materials and coatings in different operating climatic conditions;
- Estimation of quality and operating characteristics of filters systems.
- Ermakov S.F., Rodnenkov V.G., Beloenko E.D., Kupchinov B.l. Liquid crystals in engineering and medicine. Minsk, Asar, 2002.
- Markova L.V., Myshkin N.K. Tribodiagnostics of machines. Minsk, Beloruskaya nauka, 2006.
- Myshkin N.K., Petrokovets M l. Friction, lubrication and wear. Physical fundamentals and engineering applications of tribology, Moscow, FIZMATLIT, 2007.
- Braunovic M., Myshkin N.K., Konchits V.V. Electrical contacts: fundamentals, applications and technology. CRC Press, New York, 2007.
- Ermakov S.F. Tribology of liquid-crystalline nanomaterials. Minsk, Beloruskaya nauka, 2012.
NIKOLAI K. MYSHKIN
Head of department: academician of NAS B, D. Sc., Prof.
Тel.: +375 (232) 77 46 46
Aleksey V. Kupreev
Head of laboratory 4.1 “Triboanalysis”, Ph.D.
Тel.: +375 (232) 77 46 35
Vladimir P. Selkin
Head of laboratory 4.2 “Environmental, irradiation and wear resistance of materials”
Тel.: +375 (232) 77 46 34
Sergey F. Ermakov
Head of laboratory 4.3 “Tribophysics of lubricants”, D. Sc., Prof.
Тel.: +375 (232) 77 46 39